When Lucas was 3, he started going to preschool 2 days a week at the church. Due to Covid, his school year only ended up being 6 months long, but he really enjoyed it. Having Aleah in Kindergarten was a big adjustment and meant that he was home with no other kids every morning otherwise. I've never had a preschool-aged child without a younger sibling before! It ended up being good for me to have a few hours alone each week as well since I was managing the children's ministry and my little cookie business. It was a very hectic fall to say the least! Here are a few "Lucas pics" highlighting his year:
Having a cookie business meant that Lucas got a lot of little cookies / crackers with his name / fun designs that he would request almost daily:
It also meant stopping for donuts at Casey's when we were all alone (especially the first few weeks of school before his preschool began):
Finally his first day of preschool:
Being silly with a Mario mustache:
and a turtle mask:
And a Luigi hat with a Batman cookie:
Grandma and I took Lucas to the Fall Festival. He got a corndog, of course!
And now he's toad:
And wearing a sombrero on mommy's b-day:
Great Grandpa & Grandma Reeves were in town:
Lucas LOVES to play Sorry. We've played more times than I could ever count:
I got to go on his preschool field trip to the Bison Ranch:
Preschool Halloween Party:
I came to help at the party... Never mind my tired face... I was SOOO exhausted this week:
Halloween afternoon (apparently Lucas was also exhausted):
I love this pic of my boys at Red Lobster (for Jacob's b-day):
Lucas' Preschool Thanksgiving Program:
Lucas and I had a date to McD's and the Festival of Trees:
He is my wild child:
But he is still such a snuggler:
He and I built this tower at church one day when he was having a rough morning:
Lucas Preschool Christmas Program:
I think he likes pop.... ( he hardly ever gets it):
Getting taller! January 1st, 2020
Show 'n Tell at Preschool, he took his Banana Blast game and explained it:
This kid went through a few YEARS of HATING haircuts. It was miserable.
The results... needing a haircut REAL BAD:
The results... needing a haircut REAL BAD:
Lucas' Preschool Valentine's Day Party:
He took Ring Pops for his friends:
He loves to play dress-up:
He even got to go on Aleah's kindergarten field trip to the planetarium with me:
He loves legos... and Mr Potato Head:
He can sleep anywhere.... like at an Illini game packed with 16,000 screaming fans (this was on his b-day):
He eventually woke up and got a pretzel:
I told Lucas when he turned 4, he had to start wiping his own bottom. Too bad that coincided with a national toilet paper shortage due to Covid.... Here's a whole roll....
We took several evening walks during quarantine. He slept through many of them:
Some fun b-day presents from the Rancurets during quarantine:
Sleeping on the way to the drive-in:
His preschool graduation had to be on the porch due to Covid!
Sleeping at the Hirds:
He wanted me to take pictures of him with the frisbee in the air:
Oh Lucas.... he is exhausting and I love him to pieces....











































































No comments:
Post a Comment