
Planning ahead for Hannah's 12th Birthday, it was hard to know what to do during this crazy Covid year! Since the kids were finally going back to school the week of her birthday, I decided to let her invite her friends over, just not overnight. I also knew that our family would be nervous to be indoors, especially with school back in session, so we had that party in the front yard. All around, it was a tough call to make, and like many things this year, I'm not sure that it was the right one, but thankfully, it worked out well for us in the end. On the 22nd, we had a bunch of junior high girls here for a dinner / dance party. (I will note that at this point, we still had not had ANY known student cases in the SF school district so it felt fairly safe!):
Aleah got to have Maddilynn Hird join her since her big sisters were here:
We had a taco bar:
We got some fun disco lights for the party:
Present time with junior high girls is fun:
The girls playing a little truth or dare:
and bobbing for apples (don't worry, one girl per bowl, only!)
Anna had to come late because of her grandma's 70th b-day party (which I made the cookies for!)... but we're so glad she still got to come! She got Hannah this awesome Hamilton shirt:
On Sunday, we had a family party in the yard. Everyone was a little on edge because SF had it's first official cases in the school district. We tried to socially distance in the yard:
Hannah got a new scooter from Papa Steve:
Aleah made some sweet gifts for Hannah. I love her giving heart!
Uncle Keith made her a beautiful, delicious, fancy pistachio bread for her b-day gift!
And she wanted to go to Jocko's for dinner:
Despite Covid, I think she had a great birthday! Maybe we'll be back to "normal" by next year!? Happy 12th to our sweet, junior high girl with new braces!
She is growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment