Thank Goodness for Health Insurance
This is a picture of Hannah making Josh feel better when his ankle was hurting.
We have been carrying double health insurance for the past 3 1/2 years and it almost seemed like a waste because we hardly ever used it. However, that has all changed in the last two months or so. On top of my pre-term labor, my helicopter ride to Champaign, and Hannah's week in the NICU, Josh has also been having some medical issues. He has been feeling very sick since about two weeks before Hannah was born. It started out with what they thought was an infected lymph node. Since then, he has been to four doctors and has had numerous tests run because he has just not been feeling well. They have given him a couple of medications to see if they will take care of the problem, although they are not sure what is wrong. On top of that, he came home the other night and said that he thought he broke his ankle in a charity basketball tournament for work. I almost starting crying-basically because I am so tired... We went the next morning for X-Rays and luckily it was just a bad sprain. I know that can be as bad as a break but I was still really glad. However, he cannot be much help right now because he cannot walk and has to keep his foot elevated and iced. I am pretty sure that by the end of this, our medical bills will be as much as our mortgage (and that is no exaggeration....). Doesn't it always seem that everything happens all at once?
1 comment:
I'm thinking about you and keeping you both in my prayers. I am praising God you have good health insurance!
Post a Comment