September 8, 2008
Grandpa Steve's 60th Birthday
Literally an hour before I went to the hospital to have Hannah, I sent invitations to all of Josh's family to come to our house for a 60th Birthday party for his dad. I thought I would be very pregnant-I didn't think Hannah would be at the party!
Everyone said I could cancel it but I wanted Steve to have a nice party and I thought it would probably be easier than going out. I made the main dish and a side dish and everyone else brought the sides, cakes, and drinks, so it really wasn't very much work.
Hannah got passed around the entire night and managed to sleep through it all. She literally fell asleep when the first car pulled up and woke up when the last car left. It was pretty funny. No one saw her eyes all night. If she can sleep through a Downing family party, she can sleep through anything! Her Great-Grandma Downing adores her. Talking about Hannah, she said, "She's perfect... all over!" Her Grandpa Downing thinks the world of her too. He became a Grandpa and turned 60 both within a matter of weeks! He said she was the best birthday present he could ask for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment