June 30, 2009

Props to My Hubby

In the midst of crazy VBS planning, we got on a roll fixing some things around our house that needed to be done. They weren't huge projects but took time nonetheless. Don't they always take longer than you think they will? First of all, I have wanted to paint our bathtub since we moved here. There were spots around the drain where the paint had chipped and the tub always looked dirty even when it was clean. We actually bought the paint three years ago, but it was one of those things that kept getting put off for one reason or another, which isn't usually like us. Since Hannah was transitioning to the tub, I figured this would be a good excuse to do that project. I ended up doing it mostly myself, and boy, was that paint strong! I felt like I had acid in my lungs and I was quite dizzy. But, at least it's done. We also have needed some of our outlets replaced but we kept putting it off because we weren't sure how to do it. However, my vaccum cleaner was coming unplugged every time I barely moved it because the outlets were so loose. The same was true for my blow dryer and curling iron. It was quite frustrating. Plus, Hannah could pull the outlet covers out quite easily and has been crawling around the house with them in her hands, which kind of defeats the purpose. So, Josh tackled this task. The first one was a piece of cake. All the others ended up being a huge pain. He ended up doing 13 of them so it took many hours! The worst one was in my bathroom. It was his last one. He dropped a screw down the vent, so he opened it up to try to get the screw. In the process, he knocked the tube that connects to the vent down into the crawl space! Our room is the only room over the crawl space-what luck! If it had been over the basement, it would have been a piece of cake to get to, but unfortunately, he had to go in the crawl space which he has never been in before! He was determined to do this at 10:30 on Saturday night when he hadn't eaten in hours and had yet to do his lesson for Sunday morning. He just can't leave a task unfinished. Luckily he was able to fix it without too much trouble. The next day, he replaced a closet light fixture that was busted, which is always frustrating. He is learning to do lots of little things around the house which is so nice. I'm proud of him and appreciate all of the work he does! These are all things that most people wouldn't notice and say "hey, nice outlets," so I wanted to give him some props for all of the work he's done. Thanks honey!

No comments: