Girls Weekend
Hannah and I just got back from a fun girls weekend. We left Friday morning and met Kristina, Kinnick, Sadie, Jennifer, Grace, & Faith at the Bloomington Zoo. It wasn't a very big zoo, but it was perfect for taking 5 children under the age of 3! We managed to see almost all of the animals in about an hour. The coolest animal they had was a big tiger that you could actually see up close. Hannah liked him in the beginning, but I think she started getting scared after he roared a few times. Her favorite was probably the wallabies. It was her first zoo experience, so it was neat to see what animals she noticed. Right outside of the zoo, there is a cool spray park and playground. After our picnic lunch, the kids put on their swimsuits and ran around the park. We were lucky that the weather held out for us. A huge black cloud rolled upon us as we were eating, but it went away just about as quickly as it came. After the park, we all drove up to Streator to spend the night at Kristina's. After playing and eating yummy homemade pizza, we amazingly got all 5 children to bed without too much trouble. This was only Hannah's second experience sleeping somewhere else, so I was a little afraid of how she would do (the first experience was NOT GOOD!). She had a hard time settling down, but once she did, she slept fine, which was a blessing! On Saturday, we had a shower for JoniKay, and when she showed up to Kristina's, the house was incredibly peaceful. The toys were all picked up, the food was ready, and all 5 kids were taking a nap! I guess we had worn them out enough to sleep through the shower! It was really good to see JoniKay and hear about her upcoming wedding. We are so excited and happy for her! After the shower, we headed home. Hannah had a lot of "firsts" this weekend, as this was her longest car trip yet. She slept a lot of the way with a few crying fits in between, but I thought she did pretty well. All in all, it was a great weekend... exhausting, but great. It's always fun to see good friends.
1 comment:
Yeah! I was so glad you & Hannah were able to come... I had such a great time!
Post a Comment