June 24, 2009

Happy Father's Day

We had a nice first Father's Day with Hannah. After church, we went to my parent's house for lunch. Then Josh went golfing with his dad and brother, which has become a Father's Day tradition. After that, we went out to dinner with the whole Downing clan. I have been thinking about starting our own new family traditions, and so I decided to start a scrapbook that we could add to each Father's Day. Ever year, I want to have each of our kids record a favorite memory with Josh, as well as a picture of them together. Of course this year, I had to help Hannah with her page, but I'm sure that in a few years, she will be eager to do it herself. I am excited to see how this book will fill up over the years. What will our family look like? What kinds of things will Josh do with our kids? What memories will our kids choose as their favorites? Josh thought this was a great idea and said I should get one for he and the kids to do on Mother's Day. He said the kids would want to do one for me too. I think that's a good idea :)

2 comments:

Kristina said...

The scrapbook is such a neat idea! I'm doing a similar "birthday" book for each of my kids. I have them draw a picture on their birthday and do their handprint each year...

Emily said...

That's cute! I like that idea.