May 6, 2009

NEW CVS & K-Mart Deals

I headed to Danville today for lunch with my friend Jennifer, who is on maternity leave from Krupp right now. She has a beautiful new little girl, Maddy Layne. Before I met her, I made a stop at CVS to pick up some deals. At lunch, she and I started talking about my K-Mart blog, so we stopped there after lunch for a few more deals (they are doubling coupons again this week!). Jennifer got some great deals-about $50 worth of diapers and wipes for $30! I did most of my shopping at CVS, but I combined everything I bought at both places in the picture above. My total before coupons was $54.74, and my total after coupons was $15.74-a savings of $39! I'll tell you a little bit about how this happened. I did two transactions at CVS. For the first one, CVS had my favorite cereal on sale 3/$10 plus you get $5 ECB back (which is just money to spend at CVS). So, I bought three cereals. I had a B1G1 free coupon and I had $1 off the third box. I also bought Josh two of his deoderants. They were on clearance for $1.12 each and I had two coupons for $2 off. So, after coupons, I spent $3.12 and they gave me $5 ECB back. Basically, they paid me! Then, when I had walked in the store, I scanned my CVS card at the kiosk and a $4 off $20 CVS products printed. I decided to use this coupon along with my $5 ECB to get $20 worth of CVS products for $11.00. There were lots of things I needed to pick up anyway-Sunscreen, Cashews (for stir-fry!), Glue, Cotton Bolls, Nail Polish Remover, and Infants' Ibuprofen. I got all of that for $11.07! At K-Mart, I just picked up a bottle of Aveeno lotion for Hannah and 3 bottles of Suave Shampoo. Their ad said they were only doubling up to $.75 this week, but the girl at the register said they were doubling all coupons. I had $2 off Aveeno and $1.75/3 bottles of Suave. After those were doubled, I paid $.79 for the lotion and $.08/bottle for the shampoo for a total of $1.55! I get high off of a good deal :) Hopefully I'm inspiring you to do the same!!

No comments: