October 17, 2018

Lucas 2.5 Years

Lucas has changed a lot in the past 6 months.  He started sleeping in a big boy bed!  He got potty-trained!  He is getting a little bit "easier," although he is still at a very demanding age.  He is a good cuddler.  He loves his mommy and daddy.  He is compassionate.  He is good with little ones.  He is starting to stay in class at church better.  He is easier at restaurants.  He goes to time out less frequently.  He LOVES Mickey Mouse and candy, which reminds me a lot of Jacob.  He talks really well.  He is picking up on lots of things; he is a smart kid!  He exhausts us most days, but we love him to pieces!
One day, he stripped down naked and ran outside and cracked up laughing... oh boy!


Ice cream!
He HATES haircuts.  He also reminds me of Jacob at this age in this regard.  He had done well for awhile, and then he flipped a switch, and it is now miserable for everyone.  He LOVES McD's french fries, so I tried that last time.  We see how well that went!  Last time he went to the orthodontist with me,  he freaked out because he thought we were getting a haircut.  Daddy did the last cut.  We just can't do this in public anymore.... just like Jacob... haha!
But man, is he cute!

I just love him...
Messy ice cream in the car... always!



He gets a TON of concession stand treats in the summer!


I am pretty sure that he is my tallest kid at this age.  My kids don't believe me that he could one day be taller than all of them.... we shall see!


We were so excited to get him in underwear!  In some ways he was the easiest to pottytrain, and in some ways he was harder.  He initiated it, right in the middle of our moving chaos, but I went with it.  He was the first one I didn't have to teach how to pee... He already had that down.  I just had to remind him to do it a lot...which I don't count as potty-trained... when mom is reminding or asking the kid if he has to go.  It was a couple of months before he started remembering on his own, but he was still at my magical 29 month age when HE finally got it!  It all just clicked and now he's basically on his own-hallelujah!  



Man, I love this kid, and I'm so thankful every day that God blessed me with this 4th baby.  He totally completed us.  Love him!

No comments: