
I had such an amazing opportunity to go on a weekend getaway to Charleston, SC with five of my best friends from college. It was such a blessing, such a life giving trip as many of the other girls said. I will admit, it is out of my comfort zone to fly byself. It is out of my comfort zone to leave my family. In fact, in ten years of being a mom, I had never been this long without children. But this trip was literally 5 years in the making, waiting through pregnancies and adoptions and nursng babies. And it was no small feat to get 6 mamas away from their 20 children for a long weekend. But we did. And it was so worth it. And I am so glad. And so blessed. Here is a glimpse of our time together:
Dinner at Taco Boy:

Walking by the ocean:
Ice Cream at a working laundromat
Breakfast biscuits and donuts!
We literally ran into the Disney princesses!

The iconic pineapple fountain


Rainbow Row:
Lunch at Fleet's Landing:
Dinner at Fuel:

Brunch at Poogan's Porch:

Touring a plantation, Magnolia Garden:

Angel Oak Tree:
Isn't it amazing? It is 400-500 years old!
In front of the house we rented:
Dinner at Husk:


The pier at night:
Watching the sunrise:


These were probably my favorite moments of the whole trip, playing in the ocean like a little girl:


We had ice cream EVERY DAY:
Oh, it was so hard to say good-bye. It might be years before I see some of these girls again. But we have plans to do it again, in another city, in three years. And I can't wait!
Here's a look at the restaurants we hit. Kristina was our AMAZING itinerary planner. Seriously, our trip would not have been half as good without all of her work. So appreciated!
Kristina came way more prepared than me. But I carried on so I packed light!
It's hard to explain, but I think this trip could have been life changing. It rejuvenated our friendships and brought us closer together. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this group of girls. I love them all so much. Here's to 2021!

























No comments:
Post a Comment