It's been awhile since I wrote an update on Aleah, so here are some favorite pictures of her spanning over the last year (plus). We just love Aleah; she is so spunky and fun!
Aleah got her first haircut in September of 2017. I cut it at home. We cut off an 8" ponytail!
Aleah likes her hair braided and I have been learning:
This picture is so our silly Aleah:
She loves to dress up. She is such a doll:
Twinning with her doll, Willa:
First dentist visit; she did great!
Aleah has been a very healthy child. She has hardly been to the doctor outside of her well visits. But she had a crazy day in February. First, I noticed a weird bump on the back of her left knee one day.
I could see it through her leggings. At first, I was freaked out, but after googling it quickly, I read about "Baker's Cysts" and figured that's what it was. We also talked to her Papa Bob, and he felt pretty confident that's what it was as well but said we should ask about it at her check-up and get an x-ray to be sure.
Well, before her check-up and not long after that, on an unrelated note, she got really sick. I noticed that she had blood in her vomit (sorry for the TMI), so I got VERY concerned. I called convenient care and rushed her in. She continued with that into the parking lot, so I was getting very worried. I had to sit in the waiting room for nearly 2 hours with these two little ones, only to be told that I needed to take her to the Champaign ER right away. They would not test her for anything at convenient care (after all that waiting). So I drove to Champaign and again waited for HOURS in a VERY FULL and VERY SICK waiting room with Aleah and Lucas. It was brutal. Her fever was high. She was lethargic. It took forever. They did blood work and x-rays and checked the bump on her leg. They confirmed the Baker's Cyst (unrelated to the illness). They told me she had a virus and sent us home... but as soon as I got home, the doctor called and said that her Influenza test was positive, so we got a prescription for Tamiflu, which she refused to ever take. It was such a LONG (and expensive) day with seemingly no purpose. But, we were glad to have her checked out and know that she was going to be ok! I don't like to see my babies that sick!
Painting at church:
One day, Aleah managed to get herself locked inside of our new basement bathroom. She knows how to do locks, but the handle was broken. It took our neighbor and my dad nearly two hours to get her out. It was quite the process. Thankfully, she was never upset. We heard her singing to herself, and she came out acting like it was no big deal. Before bed that night, she said, "mom, that was so lame when I was stuck in the bathroom for two hours." Oh, that girl. I love her spirit.
The first week of preschool, she was a Wellie Wisher every day:
I had a really rough day on her half birthday, but we had to celebrate somehow. So she went to Hannah's gymnastics with me, and she and I got milkshakes. That makes everything better, right?
I am already dreading sending this girl to Kindergarten next year. I love her so much!



















No comments:
Post a Comment