Josh got me a fabulous birthday present this year, a family weekend trip to Indianapolis! I would love to make this an annual tradition (going on A weekend trip, not necessarily the same place every year). It was so much fun!
We went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. We ended up buying a membership because if we go twice, the membership was cheaper than paying out of pocket. So we hope to be back a few more times before next fall.
Lucas loved the mirror! I loved watching him! I took a million pictures.
That night we got to eat dinner at PF Chang's, which is a favorite of ours in downtown Indy. And then the main purpose of the trip was a date night with my girl, Hannah. We got to go see the Olympic gymnasts at Bankers Fieldhouse! I really, really wanted to go to this, but leaving Lucas wasn't an option this year, so Josh made it a family trip, and he kept the other three in the hotel while Hannah and I went to the show. Our hotel was easy walking distance, so it was perfect!
The show was awesome. Of course we were most excited about the "Final Five," but we actually loved all of the other parts just as much! The guys were GREAT, as were the trampolines and the rhythmic dancers. We loved it all!
Our hotel had two full sized beds (they were supposed to be queens). We had three people in each bed. I wonder how much longer we can get away with that!
The next day we went to Steak 'n Shake for breakfast and then to The Covered Bridge Festival "on the way home." It wasn't really on the way, and it started raining a lot. We still had fun, but Josh and I agreed again that we would like to do it alone next time so that we can concentrate on looking at the things we really want to see. It was hard being pulled in 6 different directions. But the kids loved it, and we made some fun purchases.
It was a great weekend. I hope to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment