October 11, 2015

Aleah 18 months

Aleah is at a very fun age.  I really love that she is starting to show so much personality, that she can understand what we are saying, that she can communicate with us to some extent, that she is becoming more independent, etc.  The challenging part of this age is sitting still when necessary for long periods of time (sitting in big church, riding on airplanes, going to restaurants, waiting at doctor's appointments, going to the movies, riding in the stroller/shopping cart for long periods... things like this can be exhausting for mama!). 
One way that Aleah is easier than my other two is that she will often fall asleep when she is tired, no matter where we are.  This is great!  I used to have to struggle to rock the others to sleep if we were out and they got tired and fussy.  Aleah just grabs her paci and blankie and puts herself to sleep.  This is AMAZING, especially since we are at a stage of life where we can't be so scheduled every day.  She has learned to roll with it.  She still takes about a 2 hour nap a day (but the time varies greatly based on our day), and she sleeps about 11-12 hours at night.  Again, her bedtime varies much more than the other two!  Also, like Jacob, teething has not been much of an issue for her, yay!
Aleah's first ponytail:
Aleah loves it when her daddy comes home from work.  She gets SO excited; it's adorable.  I love when my kids get to the age where they sometimes just want their daddy.  It's so cute!

Aleah got a pretty bad cold the week she turned 18 months, which is the first time I remember her being sick at all.  Funny, because I think that's how old Hannah was the first time she got sick!  Aleah had a fever and a cough and was just totally run down for a few days!

Don't you just love a baby in a hooded towel after a bath?  And they smell so good!
Aleah is saying all kinds of words these days.  It's hard to remember for sure, but I think she has more words than my other kids did at this age.  Maybe Hannah had as many, I'm not sure.  I would say Aleah says about 50 words: Mama, Dada, Cup, Peek-a-boo, Thank-you, Welcome (for "You're Welcome"), Cubbie/Cubca/Cub (for "Jacob"), Chip, Cracker, Cookie, Cake, Cheese, Waffle, Nana (Banana), No, Yeah, Bye-Bye, Mine, Done, Outside, Hot, Shoes, Stuck, Uh-uh, Eye, Teeth, Seat, Go, Stop, Baby, Jump, All Gone, Boom (when she falls down), Okay, Happy, Gum (meaning candy), Ball, Duck, Diaper, Poop, Yay, Sock, Bath, Good, Bow, Bite, Phone, etc.!
Aleah is cuddly, particular, determined, and adorably cute.  I love her to pieces!

No comments: