February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

The kids both had Valentine's Day parties at preschool and Thursday school this year, which meant we got to fill out lots of Valentines!  I was so proud of Hannah for filling out all of her cards to her classmates on her own and signing her name!  Before we got started, I honestly thought I would have to redo some of them to make them legible for the teacher to hand out, but she did great!  I didn't fix any of them!  My little preschooler is getting so big and smart!  I filled out Jacob's for him :)
Hannah chose to hand out Barbie cards and suckers this year.
Jacob chose to hand out Mickey cards and suckers this year.
Grandma Jody got them cute Valentine's Day shirts for school!
Hannah was very proud of the shoe box she decorated at preschool!
My gift to Josh was a fancy Valentine dinner at home with the kids.  Hannah and Jacob were very excited to help make daddy a "feast," as they called it.  We had salad, ribeyes, mashed potatoes, green beans, mushrooms, chocolate covered strawberries, heart cookies, and sparkling grape juice.    


As the tradition went in my house growing up, the girls got the boys gifts, and the boys got the girls gifts.  Hannah and Jacob got each other Mickey and Minnie Mouse Jelly Belly's.  Josh got me Fannie Mae Trinidads.
I got Jacob a plate with his picture on it.  
Hannah has one, and I've wanted to get him one for awhile!
Josh got Hannah chocolates, coloring books, sunglasses, and tickets to the Queen Luncheon!! 
Papa Ed and Grandma Teresa stopped by also.  Grandma got Jacob a dancing frog, 
which he LOVES, and Papa got Hannah a Valentine's stuffed animal.  We had a great night!!
The next day, we just had family fun at home.  And we had to order the Valentine's Special from Pizza Time-a heart shaped pizza!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Since our little one has a cold, we cancelled our reservations and ordered Monical's--our store just doesn't do the heart-shaped pizzas!