February 8, 2014

Our 16th Dating Anniversary

(Hannah was our photographer, and I am 30 weeks pregnant here!)

Josh and I got to go on a date on February 7th to celebrate 16 years together.  We used a gift certificate from Christmas to go to The Beef House (thanks, Uncle John & Aunt Becky!).  We figured it had been 8 months since we had been to a nice dinner alone, so it felt like a big treat!  It's always somewhat surreal to be alone, to be able to leisurely order dinner and talk, and to not have to entertain kids or take numerous restroom breaks, and to not worry that the check will come to the table before everyone is totally exhausted.  In fact, I think we sat at the table for an hour after the check did come!  We really enjoyed our meal and our conversation.      

I was remembering that when we had met 16 years ago, Josh had come to watch me cheer at a Salt Fork Storm basketball game.  My parents said that before we went out, they had to meet him, but I hadn't even technically met him myself yet.  So, I remember standing at center court after the game and introducing him to my parents, when I myself had never said a word to him (in person, anyway).  It felt very full circle that this year, when we went on our date, my parents took our kids to the Salt Fork Storm basketball game!  On that night in 1998, I never would have guessed that 16 years later, we'd be married with our 3rd baby on the way!

No comments: