October 26, 2011

One of those days....

Ok, so I try to keep my posts positive and about the fun things that we are doing as a family, but I'm having a stressful day, so can you humor me and allow a gripe session here?  Nothing world ending is going on, but it's just one of those days.  I had a doctor appointment, which is always fun to figure out with two children.  My mom and Josh both had thought that they might be able to arrange their work schedules to watch the kids while I went, but I found out yesterday that neither one could.  Great.  This is why I try to avoid going to the doctor.  It's always a pain to take the kids or find someone to watch them.  Why do I have such a hard time calling people and asking favors?  I decided I would just suck it up and take them (even though I usually regret this decision...).  I got myself and the kids ready to go first thing this morning, and Jacob was fussy fussy fussy the whole time.  I finally get everything and everybody loaded up.  I put my key in the ignition and turn the key... nothing.  My battery is dead.  I remember Josh telling me he turned off the interior light the other day that Hannah had turned on earlier in the day.  Great, that killed my battery.  What will I do now?  I remember my dad is working from home.  I call and ask him to please come jump my car.  It takes awhile... the battery was really drained.  I'm worried about being late to my appointment and fly all the way to Champaign.  I amazingly get there just in time.  I talk to my doctor about pain I've been having, off and on, basically since I was pregnant with Jacob (all while trying to keep the kids quiet and sitting still).  They did an ultrasound last week to rule out some things (yeah... they couldn't do my ultrasound and my appointment on the same day so I had to go to Champaign twice-ugh!), and today we determine that my pelvis never came back together correctly after I had Jacob, which explains why it has hurt to walk for about a year now (off and on).  Unfortunately, there's not a lot that can be done.  However, she refers me to a physical therapist (more doctor appointments to figure out...).  We leave and head for home.  I stop at a resale shop to drop off some kids clothes.  Hannah tells me she has to go potty.  I tell her to wait a minute.  She pees her pants.  She has never once had an accident in public.  Great.  There's pee all over the store's floor.  The worker graciously holds Jacob while I get her cleaned up.  I put one of Jacob's diapers and a pair of his jeans on her since that's all I had and clean up the mess.  Ugh.  I'm ready to go home.  Now we're home, the kids are sleeping, and I'm typing this post and hoping to feel less stressed soon.  Breathe in, breathe out.  Really, everything's fine.  I'm a little aggravated about my pelvis situation because it really has been hindering me from exercising for months now, and it is frustrating to have pain while doing normal every day things.  Hopefully the physical therapist can help me and it will heal eventually.... like before I have another baby and have it happen all over again!

PS-Can I also add that we keep breaking things around here!  Nothing super expensive but lots of frustrating things... including 3 pieces of FiestaWare (all my fault!).  I had only broke 1 piece in 7 years before this week.... I fear to make a list of the rest of the items with the chance that I will miss something, there have been so many.... oh boy

No comments: