We got to do several, out of the ordinary things for my birthday weekend. On Friday night, Josh and I took the kids to Grandma Jody's house for the evening. We went out for a really quick dinner (at the Sonic drive-in so we could make a movie) and then to see Moneyball, which was actually a Josh pick, but I really enjoyed it as well. I would watch it again!
On Saturday, we had no plans, and by evening, I was ready to get out of the house. So, Josh suggested that we drive to the pumpkin patch and then have pizza in Champaign. We've been wanting to stop at this pumpkin patch on the backroads to Champaign for awhile, but we have never made the time. They had all kinds of pumpkins and gourds, and they were cheap! We got 4 pie pumpkins (that I plan on trying to puree) and some different little gourds all for $3! Then, we drove to Urbana to try Amano's pizza, a place that Josh had recently read about. We got there, and they looked like they were closed. We finally decided they were open and went to the door, only to realize they are not a dine-in restaurant. We ordered our food, waited half and hour for it, and took it home. We were really hungry, and it was a long wait, but it was so worth it. It was a great Chicago-style deep dish pizza. We will definitely go back... and order ahead next time!
On Sunday after church, we went to my parents' house for lunch. We celebrated my birthday and Betsy's birthday. We had yummy food, and I got some fun presents.
Then, we headed to Champaign (for the 3rd time that weekend!) to celebrate with Josh's family at Biaggi's. Even though the service was slow (we were there 2 1/2 hours!), the food was good, and it was a nice night. I felt very blessed with a very nice birthday weekend! Here's to the start of the last year of my twenties!
Then, we headed to Champaign (for the 3rd time that weekend!) to celebrate with Josh's family at Biaggi's. Even though the service was slow (we were there 2 1/2 hours!), the food was good, and it was a nice night. I felt very blessed with a very nice birthday weekend! Here's to the start of the last year of my twenties!


No comments:
Post a Comment