We had a slightly eventful morning at church today. I normally teach Hannah's Beginner Worship class, but today I was helping Josh in Children's Church. Hannah's teachers brought her to me during class and said she was complaining that her arm hurt but they weren't aware of any injury. I took her, and she asked me to rub her arm. I rubbed it for awhile, but she kept crying. So, after church, we stopped by our house, gave her some children's Tylenol, and went to my parents' house for lunch. By this point, she was really in pain and wouldn't let anyone come near her arm. She didn't want to eat or play or do anything, and she kept repeating that her arm hurt. We weren't sure what to do. We finally went home and decided to call our on call doctor. As soon as I described her symptoms, he said he thought it was "nursemaid's elbow" (which is a partial dislocation of the elbow joint) and to meet him at the hospital in 15 minutes. He pulled in right behind us and walked into the foyer with us. We ended up meeting with him right there in the foyer-we never had to register or wait or anything! Hannah was very reluctant to let him touch her, but I finally slightly restrained her, and he popped her arm back into place. Within minutes, she was back to her happy, active self. He told me that the same exact thing had happened to his son during Sunday School one time. He was a very nice doctor, and I was glad we got him. We got home and she told daddy, "Dr. Horner fixed my arm!!!" I was very thankful for him today!
On an unrelated note, tonight Hannah and I had a cute conversation about marriage. Hannah said, "When I get older, I'm going to marry daddy." I said, "Well, you can't marry daddy, but he'll walk you down the aisle... and give you away to another man." "Oh, to Jesus????" she quickly replied. She has high standards; I like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment