May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

 
The last few years we have unintentionally created a Mother's Day weekend tradition of working on our landscaping.  On Saturday, we took the kids to two different nurseries and got flowers to hang on my front porch pillars, and we also got two big new plants for the backyard.  We got a crabapple bush that should bloom beautiful pink flowers next spring.  At the other nursery, we got a plant that I am really excited about.  It is actually a rasberry bush and a blueberry bush mixed into one pot.  I don't know much about landscaping, but apparently these two plants cross polinate with one another, causing them to be fruitful.  I am very hopeful that we will have some yummy berries to eat later this summer! 

We continued the Mother's Day celebration with a great church service and lunch with my family.  It was a very nice day.  Hannah kept saying "Happy Mommy's Day!"  I love being a mom!

No comments: