November 21, 2009

The National Missionary Convention

Josh, Hannah, & I went to the National Missionary Convention in Peoria last night to go to a Pioneer Bible Translators dinner and visit with college friends. Josh was able to take 1/2 day off work so we could get there early because I wanted to go to some workshops. However, Hannah had other plans. She was unusually crabby when we got there, and it didn't seem that going to a class would be an option. So, we just walked around and explored the booths. I was amazed at how many people we ran into that we knew; it was an LCC reunion! We seriously couldn't take two steps without seeing someone! We met up with the Davenports, Humistons, & Gorschs for a very nice dinner sponsored by PBT that Nathan had organized. I was worried that Hannah's crabbiness would continue through dinner, but luckily she was happy after she got some food. I'm a great mother... my child was simply starving. Our table was full of toddlers, and really, I was amazed at how well they did. Don't get me wrong, we were the loudest table in the room, but I think it could have been worse :) After dinner, we walked back over to the convention and visited for awhile. We ran into Jon & Jessica Pittman. I was so happy to see them; it has been forever! I really love them and wish we could see them more often. LCC was having a party that night at the Holiday Inn, but it didn't start until 9 and we had a toddler and a 2 hour drive home, so that wasn't really an option. But, I hope to be able to go again in the near future-Indy 2012?!

3 comments:

Betsy Sudlow said...

I wish I could have gone with the church today! I really wanted to go.

Jenn said...

I can't believe we had all the kids together and didn't get any pictures, wish the "pictures" Grace was taking were real!

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you girls were able to come!!