We're Going to Disney World!
Josh and I have wanted to go to Disney World for awhile now. He used to go every year with his family and he LOVES it! In high school, he would always come back from his trips and tell me how much he wished I could have been with him. Since we have been married, there has never seemed to be the "right time" to go. It seems like every year there is something big that is going on (buying a house, having a baby, etc.). We wanted to do something special for our 5 year anniversary this year, but we also wanted to include Hannah in whatever we did. We started talking to some families at our church about vacation ideas. Several people mentioned Disney. We were hesitant about it with Hannah being so young, but plenty of people said they did it and had a great time. We just decided that there wouldn't be a better time any time soon given the fact that we could be pregnant or have a baby any year for the next several years, so we decided to take the plunge! We are going in late September, so we said it would be our Anniversary Celebration, Hannah's 1st Birthday, and Josh's and My 27th Birthdays all rolled into one! I know Hannah won't remember it, but I think she will still have fun. We are going with the mindset that we won't get to do everything, but we will have fun no matter how much or little we do. We are staying at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, so even if all we do one day is swim and eat at a nice restaurant, I would say that is a fun day :) Did I mention this will be my first time in Florida??? I've been to over 30 states, but Florida is not one of them. I'm so excited!!!
3 comments:
I'm MEGA-JEALOUS!!
Can I echo the jealous sentiments. But totally excited for you guys!!! I'm sure it will be awesome. We have talked about going too, but have never been able to figure out when the "right" time is.
I'm sure you've already been doing lots of research, but I just a read an article in Parenting about planning a Disney trip. It had lots of ideas for taking "little ones." You can go to Parenting.com/disney. It also said that Disneyworld.disney.go.com has a "Little Ones" planning guide w/ lots of great tips.
I'm sure you guys will have a blast!
Post a Comment