May 17, 2008

My First Mother’s Day (Kind of… )

Mother’s Day was a fun and busy day. After church, we went to my parents house and dad made lunch for everyone. Mom got me a quilt for my first mother’s day. It is the ABC’s of the faith. She liked it because it has lots of lessons that I can teach my baby. I think it is too nice to let the baby play on though! It matches my family room really well so I think I will keep it in there. After that, we went to Josh’s cousin's house in Champaign for a brief visit so he could tell his grandma happy mother’s day. Then, we went to Josh’s mom and step dad’s house for dinner. We had fun there too. Jody got me a maternity shirt that is really cute. I was excited about that-maternity clothes are a priceless commodity right now! Josh got me a card that he wrote "Mommy" on-it was cute. He took me on a date last night to celebrate my first mother's day. We went to dinner and a movie-we hardly ever do that and we figure this might be one of our last chances. (Just to give you an idea of how rarely we do that, we used gift certificates that we received in 2006. We always have something going on so if we have a chance to stay at home, that's usually what we choose.) We saw "What Happens in Vegas," which we both thought was pretty funny.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you had a good day- you should be celebrated. Pregnancy is a lot of work! (and by next year you will know how worth it it was)