Well, the big news of the day is that we're having a girl!!! The emotions are a little overwhelming. At the beginning of my pregnancy, I had no feeling whatsoever about what I was having. As a little time passed, I started thinking that maybe I was having a girl, but I didn't say that to too many people because I didn't want to be wrong. I had two dreams, both of which I had a girl. Then, all of the old wivestales about the girl applied (getting sick a lot, wanting more sweets and less meat, etc.). I told Josh this but no one else. Then, when I had my ultrasound at the Women's Care Clinic, they did not say what it was, but they thought it was a boy. That really threw me for a loop because I had really started thinking that it was a girl. I had to readjust all of my thinking. I wasn't disappointed-I think I was just caught off guard a little. So, for the last six weeks, I have been telling myself, "there's a good chance it's a boy." Even this morning, on my way to work, I was thinking that I was still completely torn about what I wanted. I thought, maybe they'll tell me I'm having twins-one boy and one girl. Crazy thought I know, but that's the only way to get what I want because I really wanted both!! I was still preparing for it to be a boy though... so when the nurse said today that it's a girl, I was like, "really???" I was caught off guard all over again. I felt really overwhelmed with emotion-maybe I would have felt that way either way-I don't know. I asked Josh if he was happy. He said of course he's happy-why wouldn't he be-we're having a baby!! He said having a girl does make him a little more nervous though because he feels like he has more pressure to protect her and raise her right. Before we even left the ultrasound room, he said to me, "what kind of guys is she going to date?!?!" Funny... he's already worried and protective of her. He said, "she will be so beautiful, like her mom, but she will NOT be a cheerleader!" She and I will probably laugh at this together someday... I think she will be a daddy's girl. I am so happy to finally know so I can call her "she" instead of "it" and can envision things that I will do with her as opposed to a boy. I already love her so much and can't wait to hold her in my arms. I want to pick out pink things for her although Josh REALLY doesn't want to paint the nursery pink because we might eventually have a boy (and as he said today "it's not like we're only going to have two kids!"-I had to make record of that-we'll see if he still thinks that in a few years...). It's been a fun day telling people, but lots of people are surprised-for some reason everyone thought we were having a boy.... Also, I told Josh I would be really happy if he would let me name her Hannah... he's thinking about it :) He left for Nashville for work right after the appointment, so we will have to discuss when he gets back :) He is still for Kayla... I like Katelyn too though... maybe Hannah Katelyn Downing?!? Just a thought.... (Kay is Jody's middle name and Lynn is my mom's middle name). I will stop rambling for now... my writing is flowing like my thoughts... all over the place... How did you girls feel when you found out? Am I crazy????
6 comments:
YEAH!!!!I love girls! This is getting more and more fun with each baby we all have. Congrats!!!!
I am so excited for you! A girl! I wish you all the pink and pretties that come along with a beautiful baby girl!
I'm pretty sure we have the same blog format... hahaha.
YEAH- I'm so excited it is a girl! Of course you know I think girls are so much fun. It is definitely easier to imagine the future when you know what you are having. You will be a great mom- you can teach her to cook, and balance her checkbook, and do her makeup. (all things you are great at!)
YEAH! I'm so excited for you... I guess you're definately following the trend! I too have been dying to buy something pink for your baby... now I can! Congratulations!
yay! how exciting! I say paint the room pink...and then paint over it later if you have to :)
I love Hannah Katelyn. I also think in a small way she is named after me!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Post a Comment