July 10, 2021

Jacob's Baseball Season - Site One

 

Jake had a great rec league season this year!  The minor league boys in Catlin were able to field 4 teams, and his team had a lot of talent!  They finished 1st in the regular season, undefeated!  They actually won almost every game by the 10-run-rule!  They had a very disappointing end to the season, losing the tournament championship to another Catlin team.  They have so much to be proud of though!  Jacob played great at 3rd base.  He also pitched some for the first time, and he was pretty consistent, especially considering he has no training.  He also played 1st whenever Q was pitching.  He had many in-the-park homeruns and lots of other great hits!  You can almost always count on him to get on base, and he doesn't like to walk unless he has to!  He did get intentionally walked once in Westville for the first time ever (they didn't even pitch to him), so that was interesting!

Jake's games overlapped a lot with Aleah's this year.  Josh was technically assistant coaching both teams, but Aleah's team needed him more, so that meant that Jake and I had a lot of nights together.  I love watching him, but it was really hard on Josh to miss.  It helped that Jake's games weren't really close all year.  The championship day was the hardest.  Aleah was in Oakwood at 9, and Jake was in Hoopeston at 11.  It KILLED us not being at both the entire time.  I left Aleah's game early to make Jake's an inning late.  Josh was even later.  We hated that part of it, but it comes with the territory of multiple kids in sports!  I was so frazzled, I think I left our chairs in Oakwood - big oops!!!  


Trying out pitching:

Jake popped up to Landon pitching, but Landon just barely missed the catch:
Then, Landon popped up to Jake, and he caught it.  They have never been on opposing teams, and we hope they never are again.  It was no fun for any of us, especially Papa Steve who doesn't like to miss a game!

Always buying this guy ice cream:
1st Place Trophies!

His buddy, Bodie, on another team:
The 4 teams from Catlin actually finished 1st-4th in the league!  As a whole, they hardly lost a game to any other town (maybe one or two).  Their future is bright if they stick with it!
This was a hard day.  Nobody wants to get 2nd.

I made the team cookies for the championship game:
We love watching our boy play!

No comments: