April 11, 2015

Aleah's First Birthday Party!

 For Aleah's first birthday, we did one big party with all three of our families.  We decided to go with an owl theme because I saw this cute outfit on Etsy.  I tried to take pictures of her for her invitations, but she was not super cooperative!  It's hard to take pictures of a baby who can crawl away as soon as you set her up!



 I really debated having someone else make the cakes this year, but I'm glad I ended up doing it myself.  I made Aleah an owl smash cake that turned out pretty cute.  Then I made three flavors of cupcakes: Strawberry Lemonade, White with Buttercream, and Chocolate with PB icing.  They all turned out pretty yummy, and everyone had a different favorite.





 Hannah was excited to randomly have a shirt that perfectly matched the theme!
 The "triplets"




 Getting a picture of the kids was more of a challenge than anticipated, haha!

 Aleah learned to give kisses the week of her birthday.  
She just hasn't figured out closing her mouth, ha!  Oh how I love this girl!

1 comment:

Gorsch Mommy said...

SO cute! I love her outfit and you did an awesome job on the little owl cake. I wish I was there to try some of those delicious sounding cupcakes!