April 10, 2015

Aleah: Months 9-12

Aleah has already changed so much this year!  She went from army crawling to real crawling to taking steps to walking across the room in no time!  She took her first steps right at 10.5 months, and was walking across the room by mid-March (11 months).  By her first birthday, she was walking all over the place with ease!
Also by her first birthday, she had 10 teeth!  She is more like Jacob in the teething department; they both have had an easier time with them than Hannah did. 
I don't even remember when I could officially say Aleah was consistently sleeping through the night, but it was definitely much later than my other two!  She usually sleeps a good 10 hours now with an occasional wake-up.  She has never been inconsolable in the night though, so waking just involves feeding her and going back to bed.  I actually don't mind those kind of middle of the night cuddles!
Aleah is a pretty good eater.  She didn't do too much baby food; she liked table food early on.  We do still have a little baby food though and will pull it out when needed!
Aleah likes to be held a lot.  There are times when that can be hard, but really, I know that she likes it because she's used to it, and I am glad for that!
Aleah says a lot of words, but she seems to get stuck on one for a long time and then move onto the next.  Her favorite words to say have been, "happy," "peek-a-boo" (it's crazy to me how early and clearly she said that!), "dada," "mama," "hi," "bye."  She is really good at mimicing sounds and actions.  Her new favorite thing is giving open mouth kisses.



This was the first time I noticed her standing without any help getting up.  I was surprised!

Taking some of her first steps in February!

My two favorite Aleahs!  Aleah Carder & Aleah Downing
All three kids in the tub!
I just love this girl.  She has brought so much joy to our family.  
Her life is a blessing to us all and makes our family feel more complete!

No comments: