February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

We had a really fun Valentine's Day weekend.  First, Hannah got to decorate a shoebox for school to put her Valentines in.  We wrapped it in pink wrapping paper and decorated it with foam stickers.  She loved it!  I was the room mom for Hannah's class this year, so I organized the parties.  Mom came and watched the little ones so I could run up to the party at the end of the day.  I always love a chance to go see her at school!
Hannah took Hello Kitty Valentines this year, and Jacob got to take Planes Valentines to BOTH of his preschools!  I didn't get any pictures of him, though, oops!
The babies dressed up in their Valentine outfits together.  Aren't they a couple of cuties?


It's becoming a family tradition to have a "Valentine's Day Feast" candlelight dinner.  We had steaks, asparagus, potatoes, mushrooms, strawberries with chocolate fondue, sparkling grape juice, etc.  The kids love it.  And we take time to tell each person why we love them.  It's a fun night!  And Papa Ed and Grandma Teresa stop by with presents too!
 Josh and I also got the kids a few small gifts.  Josh picked out two movies (Mr. Peabody and Sherman and 101 Dalmations), and I bought them each some candy and a small toy.  Josh gives the girls gifts, and I give Jacob's gift.







Josh and Hannah got to go to their first daddy daughter dance at the grade school.  We found a new dress on clearance that she loved.  It sounds like they had fun at the dance.  Josh bought her a rose, which she was SO EXCITED about!
Grandma Jody and Grandpa Bob sent the kids some Valentine jammies/clothes too!
I think Valentine's Day is more fun with kids! Maybe less romantic.... but definitely more fun!

No comments: