February 28, 2015

Hannah.... 6 and a Half!

Oh how I love my Hannah!  She is growing and changing so much!  This year has been a little rough for her.  She does not love having to leave home and her family every day to go to kindergarten.  I do think she enjoys school once she is there, but most days, she really just does not want to leave.  We've talked and prayed a lot through this year about being brave and trusting God and having a good attitude.  She was having a particularly rough week in February when I realized that it was her 1/2 birthday.  A mothering book I had recently read suggested doing a little celebration for your child's 1/2 birthday, which I admit, I would normally have thought to be a little silly, but it was a perfect chance to brighten Hannah's week, and it really did help her!  She was pretty excited about being 6 1/2 instead of just 6.  Who knows, maybe it's a tradition we'll just keep!  I made cupcakes for her to have when she got home from school, and Grandma Teresa even made her a new apron and brought it over:
One day at Grandma's, Aunt Betsy and Hannah were dressed the same, 
so they posed for a picture (Hannah's choice of pose!):

Hannah at Cross Training, making her Ten Commandments tablets:
Hannah and her kindergarten girlfriends: Taylor, Hannah, Anna, Ella, Michelle:
Hannah had a very exciting day this spring when she randomly got a new bike!  Usually this would be a gift for something special.  But, I was beginning to think that Hannah might be outgrowing her 16" bike, and then early in the spring, she totally shredded one of the tires out (she rides it A LOT!).  So, rather than buy a new tire for a bike that was about too small, we went ahead and got her a new 20" one in her favorite colors, pink and purple!  She loved it:
Hannah's class made 100th Day Shirts at school.  I thought they were really cute!
Her teacher also made her Abe Lincoln hats and beards for Lincoln's birthday.  
Aren't she and Morgan cute?
Hannah took two 6 week sessions of gymnastics this year.  She was pretty good for just beginning, but she wasn't really enjoying it, and it was a time and money commitment, so we crossed that off our list for now.  She seems to be more interested in basketball and t-ball and has mentioned trying ballet or piano, so we will see!  One thing at a time!  I try not to clutter up our calendar but want her to be able to try things!  I love when we have the chance to try short term commitment classes!
I love watching this girl change and grow!


No comments: