The most exciting news of our year is that we're expecting Baby Downing #3!!!! We are SO, SO happy!!! Because of my history, I got to have an ultrasound at 8 weeks and at 12 weeks. There is nothing better than seeing that heartbeat on the screen! And look at how much a baby changes between weeks 8 and 12; isn't it amazing? Truly one of God's greatest miracles!
Our official due date is April 18th, although ultrasounds have dated me April 16th and April 13th, and since Hannah was 37 days early, and Jacob was 20 days early, I will be surprised if we make it to April. I will be happy if we do, but I'm not counting on it. Only time will tell!
I always said that the only way I would have a gender surprise at delivery was if we already had one of each. While I don't feel overly anxious at this point to find out the gender, neither Josh or I have a strong desire to wait either. I thought maybe it would be fun to do something special though, so since our "gender ultrasound" is scheduled for December 4th, we're thinking we will hang onto the results for 3 weeks and find out on Christmas morning as a family! Right now I'm feeling super patient, but I know it will be harder once that envelope is in our house.
Another really exciting part is that our baby will have 3 other cousins in the same grade!!! Jordan and Courtney had baby Liam on November 5th, Keith and Emily are due January 11th, Josh and I are due April 18th, and Paul and Alisa are due June 24th!!! How fun is that? Next Christmas will be so fun with all of the babies, and the NEXT Christmas will be even crazier with all of the toddlers!
We are praising God for this gift and would appreciate your prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!


No comments:
Post a Comment