March 18, 2012

Hearts at Home 2012

Last weekend, I got to attend Hearts at Home for the second time with some dear friends of mine.  It was a great day of learning.  I definitely feel refreshed and inspired to be a better wife and mom.  I was planning on heading over on Saturday morning, but on Friday night, our plans changed, and I started getting really excited to see Jennifer and Kristina, so I asked Josh if I could go ahead and go, and he said go for it!  I put Jacob to bed and then drove to Bloomington to meet up with the girls.  We stayed at Kristina's friend's sister-in-law's house.  I was glad I got to go and spend some time talking with the girls since the next day was mostly about listening!
The keynote speakers this year were Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar.  I was SO EXCITED to see them.  I have read both of their books and watched many of their shows.  I am a big fan.  They told their life story, which I already pretty much knew from their books, but I still really enjoyed hearing them tell it.  I also was reminded of a few things along the way.  I also chose to attend their workshop, which I really liked.  I attended three other workshops: the FlyLady spoke on living a life of CHAOS, Raising Grateful Kids in a Culture of Consumerism, and 50 Ways to Improve Your Relationship With Your Husband.

I stayed for part of the closing session, but I started missing Jacob (and Josh and Hannah :) a whole lot, so I jumped in the car and raced home.  I was gone almost 24 hours, which is by far the longest I had been away from Jacob, and I really couldn't stand it anymore.  I'm very thankful that I got to attend this conference and will no doubt be back in the future!

No comments: