March 14, 2012

Girls Days

Hannah and I have been having lots of "girl fun" lately.  Last Saturday, Grandma Jody and I took Hannah on a big shopping trip to Champaign.  We were looking for new curtains for our living room and Easter clothes for the family.  We ended up getting Hannah and Jacob lots of cute, new summer clothes (the curtains and Easter clothes are still a work in progress!).  Hannah LOVED walking around the mall, bouncing from store to store.  She walked into Gymboree and said, "Look, they have accessories!!!!"  She was in heaven!  It was a fun day, and Hannah shopped like a trooper for hours.  Of course, Grandma did get her about everything she asked for... including the sunglasses and headband she is wearing in the picture!  We stopped into The Children's Place, and they were serving lemonade in plastic champagne glasses.  Hannah looked like a little diva sipping her champagne with her big glasses on!  
 And, she got to ride the carousel at the mall-a highlight for sure!  It was almost as exciting as DisneyWorld!
Hannah talked Grandma into this purple butterfly outfit at Gymobree, including all the accessories.  She got to wear it to church on Sunday, minus the wings!

 Jacob got lots of cute new shirts too!  This smile just makes my heart skip a beat.  He is such a sweet boy!
  
The next week, Grandma Teresa and I took Hannah to see Pinkalicious, the musical!  It was playing at Parkland in Champaign.  It was really cute!  We lucked out and got great seats.  Hannah really seemed to enjoy the show, and we got to have pink cupcakes afterwards!
She was excited to have her picture with the cast.  Again, almost as good as DisneyWorld, haha... ok, not quite!
Also, Hannah has had several trips to the movies in the last few months.  Josh took her to see Arthur Christmas in December.  Kristen Strunga and I took her to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D!  It was way cooler than I expected it to be; I really enjoyed the 3D!  And then, I took Hannah to The Lorax with her friend Trevor from church and his mom.
Finally, Hannah got to attend my cousin Maggie's bridal shower with me.  It's fun that she's getting to the age where she is excited to go and do special things with the girls.  She doesn't always like leaving Jacob because she's hardly ever away from him, but it is fun to give her individual attention every once in awhile!  And Jacob has been having lots of bonding time with Josh!  
 I love my little girl!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love her champagne glass!

Kristina said...

So much fun :)