You may remember that we purchased a swingset with all the kids' piggy bank money at Christmas time. Well, the time finally came for us to put it together! We knew that these could be a nightmare; we have heard the stories! Despite what all the reviews and stories said, I was hopeful we could get it put together in a weekend. It ended up taking a full week, in between taking care of a one and three year old and other regular life activities. I started by sorting all 1300 pieces into stages across our garage floor. I sorted all of the hardware into baggies by phase (there were 38 phases). This was a great move; it helped so much!
We ran into plenty of problems along the way, most of which were my fault. I read the instructions wrong or they weren't clear. We made some time costly mistakes for sure. By the end of the weekend, we weren't even through half of the phases. It certainly didn't help that my parents were going to watch the kids but ended up being busy. So, when Josh went back to work on Monday, I just decided I was going to do it myself! By the time he gets home from work and eats dinner, it is basically dark, so I knew it would take forever to have enough free weekend days, and I didn't want to wait that long. So, with lots of mistakes and some frustrations, I built much of this all on my own! I was already pretty good with a power drill, but I had to google how to use a socket wrench, yes I did. I had never used one. I'm a pro now! I'm hopeful that we'll have lot of fun and memories on this over the next 10 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment