My little Hannah just turned 3! In ways, it's hard to believe, but in other ways, it seems like my old life was so long ago. The "terrible twos" weren't really terrible, but they were a roller coaster! I have been learning, right along with Hannah, about how to deal with toddler mood swings.
I think this picture says a lot about Hannah. The feisty smile and the neatly sorted blocks both say something about her personality...She is a character!
Over the last year, Hannah's room has somewhat unintentionally become a Disney Princess room. Her wallpaper border was falling down, so I replaced it with princess paper. I also got some cool Princess wall stickers and a Princess poster from Shutterfly with her picture in it. She also has a Princess blanket, chair, pillowcase, table and chairs set, floor puzzle, etc. It just kind of took over, but she loves it!
Hannah and Jacob are becoming great playmates, and it's pretty fun to watch. She begs him to chase after her, and he keeps up with her pretty well. They are pretty cute together!
Hannah is a great little helper to me. She does all sorts of things with me; she puts away dishes, sorts laundry, and retrieves things for me like the telephone, remote, and clean diapers.Hannah has also learned a lot this year. She can pretty well sing the ABC's on her own. She has known all of her letters for quite awhile, and she is starting to learn how to write them. She also knows her colors, shapes, and numbers. She is sometimes good at counting, but she usually skips some numbers!
She is quite a talker these days as well. She surprises me every day with the things she says. It's fun that we can carry on little conversations now. She says the funniest things. She is very particular about things and does not like to be messy. If she gets anything on her clothes, they immediately have to come off (she is her daddy's daughter!). After she eats, she always says, "What's this face?" meaning "What is on my face?" She wants it washed off!
Hannah, you are your mama's joy. You keep me busy all day long, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love every day I have with you. You are my precious baby girl. I pray that I will be a good mother and that you and I will always be close. I pray every day that you will know and follow God all of your life. You are so beautiful! I love you! Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment