Our sweet little Valentines. Daddy and I love you so much!
On Valentine's Day, Hannah, Jacob, & I headed to Bloomington to meet Jennifer, Kristina, and all their kids. We planned to visit a place called "Make a Mess" but found out that it was out of business when we arrived. Luckily, we were just blocks away from Chuck E Cheese, so we drove over there and spent the afternoon. Hannah has only been there once before, and it was about 5 months ago. I was surprised to see that she remembered it! As soon as we walked in the door, she was looking for "the mouse." She was not happy that he was not on stage! She loved when he came out and wanted to touch him really bad. You are not suppose to touch the robotic one on stage, but I gave in and let her touch just his foot. We were lucky though, because then the real one came out (just as our pizza came out....). Hannah loved him. She followed him and danced with him and hugged him. I was surprised she was that into him; I personally think he's a little scary looking! I hope that means she'll love the characters at DisneyWorld. We didn't do much character stuff last time, but maybe she'll be interested this year! We had fun letting the kids play and getting to visit a little.
Josh and I hadn't made any definite plans for Valentine's Night. My parents had offered to babysit Hannah so we could go out, but we weren't sure we wanted to fight the crowds, and it's hard telling if Jacob would be happy that long. Plus, we were all pretty tired from our big day to Bloomington. So, I decided on the way home that I would just cook a nice dinner. I had Josh pick up some steaks, and I made potatoes and okra. Right when I set dinner on the table, both kids started WAILING. Jacob just needed picked up, but Hannah was beside herself. She was way overly tired. Then, the doorbell rang. It was my dad with gifts for Hannah and I. She cried each time we pulled something out of her bag. She had told my dad she wanted a pink puppy, so he looked everywhere for one, but she bawled when she opened it. Toddler drama! Minutes after he left, she hugged it and kissed it. Talk about an emotional roller coaster! I held Jacob while we ate our (cold) dinner. I'm glad I hadn't put in too much effort!
After dinner, we did presents. I got Josh some Dove Chocolates (his favorite!) and a pair of dress slacks. He got me the best present ever-an hour long massage at a spa in Champaign! I cannot wait to use it! We got the kids a basketball hoop-mainly because we couldn't resist it ourselves!
Josh spent the evening trying to teach Hannah the "proper way" to shoot. He said, "Let's just say she's not a star yet." It's ok, Josh. I think she has a few years to learn!
1 comment:
love the pictures! Enjoy that massage! best present ever!
Post a Comment