November 17, 2010

Big Sister Hannah



Everyone has been asking how Hannah is adjusting to being a big sister. So far, she is doing great! Last week was slightly rough for her though, as she is working on all four of her two year molars, she had an awful cold, and the time change really threw off her sleep schedule. On top of that, I left her overnight for only the second time, and a new baby was brought home. All things considered, I think she is doing amazingly well!

She literally squealed and laughed with excitement the first few times she saw Jacob. She kisses him non-stop, especially if she hears him make any noise that sounds like it could turn to a cry. We were a little paranoid because she had an AWFUL cough when she came to the hospital and the day we brought him home. She kept coughing on him. It's not as easy to protect your second child from germs! But, she is getting much better, and he has not gotten sick, praise Jesus!

She calls him "baby Jake"-so cute! The new challenge for me is not feeling like I can take my eyes off of him. The two of them cannot be left alone because I'm sure she would pick him up or hug him a little too hard. We have had a few talks about being gentle. She seems so big all of a sudden compared to him! She obviously hasn't been a "baby" for awhile now, but having Jacob has sure put that into perspective. It is really funny when I change both of their diapers and he is in newborn and she is in size 5! I think we need to start potty training soon, but I'm not up for it just yet. Maybe in January we'll give it a go. Speaking of diaper changes, that is probably the only sign of jealousy we've seen. A few times, she has wanted her diaper changed because we were changing Jacob's! 



I think Hannah kisses "baby Jake" as much as I do-and that's a lot! We love him to pieces!



Hannah all of a sudden wants her picture taken whenever I get out the camera to take a picture of Jacob.






These pictures were taken when Hannah and Jacob were each three days old. We see a lot of similarities!

No comments: