August 16, 2010

A Much Needed Girls Day!

On Saturday, I got to meet up with five of my college friends (Jennifer, Kristina, Amy, Betty, & Abby) in Bloomington for a day of fun! As a rare treat, we left the kids behind (with the exception of the nursing babies... and the one in my belly!). We planned this months ago, and I think God knew I was going to need this day when the time came. I feel like I have been going from one thing to the next lately, and I really felt like I needed a day "off." I usually hate leaving Hannah, even for just a day, but I think I am beginning to see a narrow tunnel of time before I cannot escape alone again for awhile. So, I was relieved to be flying solo for the day. We first met up at The Children's Place to look for clothes for the kids and also ended up going to Target for crib sheets. My sisters found this humorous that we were ditching the kids but shopping for the kids. That thought hadn't occurred to me; I just thought it was just nice to be shopping alone! Oh how your perspective changes.... Then, we went to Chipotle for lunch. I had never been there, but I thought it was really good and definitely would like to go back! After that, Betty had arranged for us to have pedicures at the cosmetology school in town. All six of us got to sit around and chat while our feet soaked and had our nails painted. That was a fun, rare treat! I would like for someone to do my nails the rest of my pregnancy please! We finished off with dessert at Coldstone Creamery. It really was a good day and I was so happy to see my girlfriends! I miss them and wish we all still lived in the same town!

1 comment:

The Sud Factor said...

mmm, Chipotle is fantastic!