Hannah's 2nd Birthday
If I have learned anything as a mom it's that time really does go quickly. I hate that people say that all the time, but I guess they wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. That being said, yes, it is hard to believe that Hannah is 2 already, but then again, there's a part of me that knows this must be true because I'm about to have another! Even knowing this, I was a little sentimental as I thought about how much she's grown in the last year and how fast it has gone.
This year, we decided to try smaller, separate parties instead of one big one. It's hard telling which is better. I loved her party last year, but it was nice this year to be a little more laid back, especially since I am pregnant and pretty tired! It was exhausting to me to do dinner for small groups, so one big one probably would have killed me. Her first party was with my immediate family which was still eleven people... but that's a pretty small party around here. We started the evening by taking some pictures in the backyard, but Hannah wasn't feeling super cooperative. Once we gave in and let her wear her red shoes, we did manage to get her with her tree, and we also got some of Josh & I. We failed at getting a good one with the three of us.

Then we had dinner, opened presents, and had Elmo cake and ice cream. I made the cake myself and was pretty proud of how it turned out. I was afraid it wouldn't look like Elmo, but it did!

Hannah got lots of fun presents: a Cinderella blanket, her own wallet full of "credit cards" (since she likes to take mine apart all of the time), a big sister shirt, skinny jeans, a kitty that walks and meows, Sesame Street figurines and book, and a pink pi shirt. I love that my daughter knew the pi symbol before she was two, thanks to her Aunt Betsy, the math major!
On Hannah's actual birthday, she and I got to spend the day doing fun things in Danville. We first went to Winter Park, which was a really nice playground that we had never been to. She had a lot of fun there!
Then we went to McDonald's for a Happy Meal, which she had never had before. I was so excited because the toy was a Madame Alexander doll. This was meant to be for her birthday because her Great Aunt Sherry had just given her some Madame Alexander dolls the week before which were ten years old, and she LOVED them! We will be going back to get them all!

After that, we went to The Custard Cup and Hannah got chocolate ice cream with sprinkles in a Cubs hat! We had a really fun mommy/daughter day.
That night, Josh and I spent the evening with her and gave her our presents. We got her a pink DVD player for the car with an Elmo DVD. She LOVED it, and I think we will too since we are going on a couple of road trips soon!
A few days later, we had Josh's dad's family over for dinner, presents, and cake. We again had a great time, and Hannah got some fun presents, including some really cute clothes, money to go shopping, and a dollhouse! I was having as much fun with it as she was!

Happy 2nd Birthday to our baby girl. We love you so much!
1 comment:
GREAT job on the cake! It looks awesome! I'm excited to have some more time this year to spend on making cakes :) I love your coordinating outfits from the rehearsal--so cute to wear them again for Hannah's party. She's getting big! I can't believe we will be having K's 2nd b-day soon!
Post a Comment