August 11, 2010

Jordan & Courtney's Wedding!

This past week, our whole family got to be a part of Josh's brother's wedding. We had a lot of fun. The activities started the week before with the bachelorette party. I had a fun night out with girls, which is a rarity around here! We went out and then went back to Courtney's for some games and cake. All of the bridesmaids were there: The rehearsal dinner was really nice. It was an uncharacteristically beautiful August night, so we got to sit outside at The Vermilion Place courtyard and have dinner. Hannah, Josh, & I had matching outfits although I didn't manage to get a picture with me in it! The next day, all of the girls met at the hairdresser at 9 am to get our hair done. It was really nice not to have to worry about it! She teased all of our hair REALLY BIG before she put it up, but I can say in 12 hours, it did not move! Then, we all went and did our makeup, ate lunch and met back at the church to get dressed and have pictures. Hannah totally had to skip nap time, and I wasn't sure how that was going to go. About two minutes before she was supposed to go down the aisle, she started having a meltdown. Luckily, I had a package of fruit snacks, and they came to the rescue! She took them and walked right down the aisle with them and her basket. We didn't even bother teaching her about throwing the petals; I just wanted her to go down the aisle! She is not a very shy girl, and the crowd did not phase her at all. The other flower girl was 3, and she was throwing her petals. Hannah walked behind her and picked up the petals and put them in her basket. She even set down her fruit snacks in order to do this! Everyone was laughing. Josh and I were obviously already at the front, and she came right to me and wanted to be picked up. So, I held her for the first few minutes of the ceremony. I was getting worried that I would have to hold her the whole time, but I convinced her to go to Josh's Aunt Sherry who had brought some dolls for her to play with. After the wedding, we did a ton more pictures and Hannah and I were both exhausted! The wedding party took a limo to the reception, but I followed in our car because I was afraid that Hannah would be cranky in the limo and I was hoping she would fall asleep in her carseat. Luckily, she did. We got announced when we walked into the reception and Hannah slept on my shoulder the whole time, even through the clapping and yelling for the bride and groom! The reception was beautiful and the food was great. Josh was the best man, and he did a great job with the toast. I was very proud of him. He hates public speaking almost as much as I do, but you couldn't tell it! The reception was right by a golf course, so the bridal party got to go out on golf carts and get more pictures taken on the course. That was fun. I was very excited that despite being nearly six months pregnant, my dress still fit, even though we didn't know I was pregnant when we ordered it. That was a big relief! The dancing began once we got back, and Hannah danced ALL NIGHT! She would NOT leave the dance floor! Finally, after 10, she laid her blanket down in the middle of the floor and tried to go to sleep! She got mad when I tried to pick her up so I just let her stay there! She was a party girl! It was a fun day for all of us and we are glad Jordan and Courtney are finally married!

1 comment:

The Sud Factor said...

yay! a wedding blog!

I took some of those pictures. :) Where's the one of Josh's backside?