November 3, 2008

Leaving Hannah for the First Time

Family Picture at Grandma and Grandpa Gurtler's house after the game
All the "kids" at the Gurtler's House (Josh's brother Tristan, step-sister Bridget, step brother Miles, brother Jordan, future sister-in-law Courtney, Josh, Stephanie, & Hannah)
"Aunt" Courtney holding Hannah at the game
Grandpa Gurtler on the big screen receiving his award during halftime
Josh and I at the stadium for Bob's banquet
Hannah on Halloween
Hannah in her pumpkin outfit with Grandpa Gurtler
On Friday night, I left Hannah for the first time (since the NICU). Josh's step-dad was receiving a big award at the U of I and we all went to a banquet to honor him. All of Josh's brothers and sisters were together for the first time since Cancun two years ago. We really debated whether or not we should take Hannah and really didn't decide not to take her until that afternoon. I was just worried that the dinner and speakers would drag on too long for her and that she may disturb people. As it turned out, she probably could have gone and been fine, but we just didn't know. I cried when I left her, even though I knew she would be fine. My parents said she didn't cry at all in the four hours we were gone. Sounds like she did better that I did.... the speaker at the banquet was apparantly very funny but I just pretended to laugh because I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be leaving her any time soon...

4 comments:

Here is a little about us... said...

Stephanie, I think we are all the same way when we leave our babies for the first time! It does get easier, but you can never wait to get back home to see them again! Hannah is adorable!

Jenn said...

I can't believe you actually did it! Our little ones are so precious.

Anonymous said...

I love the pumpkin outfit with the orange hat... and I'll even admit that the IL outfit looks very cute on her!

Betsy Sudlow said...

First, I SOOOO should have gone home! I thought that Hannah wouldn't be there, so there was not a chance that I was going.

Second, I took two pictures of Doctor Bob (not from Denver) at the game.

Third, SUPER-CUTE pictures!!! What are you doing this Thursday??