June 13, 2008

Random Funny Story

We just got a new air conditioning system at work. I sit right below one of the new vents and it is FREEZING! In fact, everyone in the room is cold. We’re all wearing sweaters and it’s 90 degrees outside! The man who is in charge of the system told us several weeks ago that he was going to give us a tool to adjust our vents to our liking. Well, that hasn’t happened. No one wanted to ask him (he’s kind of odd), so I just decided to bite the bullet and send an e-mail just asking if he had the tool. He said yes and he is keeping it in his office because it will only adjust the volume of air, not the temperature. I thought, “Duh… I know that…. I still want the tool,” but I did not say anything back A few minutes later, he came to my desk, and said, “Is this your first child?” “Yes…,” I said. He looked at me very seriously and said “You know, your body is going through certain hormonal changes which will be unpredictable from day to day. We can’t change the temperature in here everyday. Maybe you need to bring a sweater”… and he went on and on and on. What a weirdo?!?! Everyone is cold and I’m the only one who had the guts to talk to him and I get a lecture on my hormones?!?! Just thought that was weird…had to share.

3 comments:

Betsy Sudlow said...

Argh, super annoying! I'd start crying... or maybe not, because that would prove his point. Anyway, being cold sucks. Mom's office was unbearably cold this morning, as it is every morning, so I had to find the warmest room and open the window. You should take a space heater. And then tell everyone else in the office that they are silly.

Bethany said...

Ok not to be mean but What Does He KNOW About Hormones???? That just makes me mad for you! I am really sorry you work for an inconciderate man like that. Good luck and if you need me ;)!

Jenn said...

I think someone could totally write a book on ridiculous things people say to you when you are pregnant. I know I would sit around and read it when I'm pregnant and needing a break! Obviously this guy knows nothing about being pregnant because it raises your temperature. Most people are stinking hot- a baby is like a little space heater!