October 9, 2022

My 40th Birthday

 

I got COMPLETELY spoiled for my 40th birthday, beyond what I deserve for sure!  Josh took me to Chicago, Betsy took me to Indianapolis, my mom took me and my sisters to The Cake Bake, and my family had a super fun and thoughtful party for me at Betsy's house!


Josh and I started our overnight in Chicago with the Architectural boat tour.  We were actually supposed to do this tour about 10 years ago, but it got rained out.  We finally got it rescheduled, haha!  It was a beautiful tour, and we both found it very interesting!

We of course had yummy food all weekend.  Lunch at a restaurant close to the hotel:


Dinner at a romantic little Italian place: 





I love this man:


My next surprise was to see Wicked!  We saw it in 2007 and loved it, but after 15 years, I honestly did not remember the storyline at all.  We had much better seats this time, also.  I loved the whole night!




Walking around downtown at night:


The next day, we did some eating and shopping downtown before heading home:
We found a Crumbl, which was my first time.  
I was so excited to take some home to the kids, especially Hannah!

Next, Betsy planned a super fun overnighter in Indy! She had a "Ruth" theme going (my middle name). We had so much fun! A very rare time alone!



My first bubble tea!  They gave them to us free because it was our b-day weekend!
These were as amazing as they look:




Next, my mom planned a day at the original Cake Bake in Indy!  I had never been there, so it was really fun to see!  I had a delicous quiche, cake, and latte!
 











After church that Sunday, we had a fun party at my sister Betsy's house:










My mom's delicious Italian cream cake:



A fun family game:






Angel Creams (one of my favs):
Mushrooms (one of my favs):
All the grapefruit things (my fav):
Italian cream cake (my fav):
Then, Josh spoiled me with wayyyyy too many gifts:
And, gifts from the kids...  Hannah made homemade PB cups:



And then Josh gave me the nicest purse I've ever owned, 
a Disney Dooney & Bourke.  LOVE!
A sunrise walk on my b-day:

My card from Paul was my favorite:


Papa Steve took me to Monical's to celebrate:


I feel loved and spoiled by all!!!

No comments: