October 22, 2022

DISNEYWORLD 2022

 

This was our family's 6th trip to Disney World, but it was the first time we didn't have a 1 or 2-year-old with us.  And twice, I was pregnant on top of having a toddler.  So, this was our first time without a stroller, and it was a much easier trip for sure, with a 14, 11, 8, & 6-year-old!  There are really fun things about little ones at Disney.  But, it's just fun for different reasons at different stages!  

I'm quite certain that by the time I got around to putting this post together, my pictures are out of order, and I cannot remember the proper order.  Also, all of our photopass pictures are in another post.  But I will do my best recalls possible here:

This was our first time eating at Tony's Town Square Restaurant at the front of Magic Kingdom.  We had a really great view of Main Street from our table at the front of the restaurant.  

They made the cupcakes to look like spaghetti & meatballs:




My family of course endured "It's a Small World" for me:








My favorite!!!

One of the best parts of the week was that the other Downings were there!  We didn't initially intend to overlap our trips, but we were really glad we did.  We were able to do a few, fun things together!  Lydia and Aleah did the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at the same time:
















Dole Whip Floats (we tried all the flavors on this trip):

Splash Mountain!  This was right before they started renovating the ride.  
We rode it 4 times this week!  A family favorite!

Nutella fruit taco:










This was ALL FOUR kids' first time on Space Mountain!  They all loved it, except Lucas, who probably just tolerated it.  I think we did it 4 times over the week, but the more we did it, the more we had to convince Lucas he could do it again.
We stayed at Pop Century for the first time and had TWO ROOMS for the first time.  It was so nice!  Adults in one room, kids in the other adjoining room!

The Skyliner was new this trip!  I loved the convenience.  
I did not love the total experience, especially stops at night.








We hadn't been to the SciFi in several trips.  It's always a fun experience!


A really fun memory was running into the other Downings in line for Toy Story Mania!  It was the first time we saw them at the park, and we all started yelling in line.  I'm pretty sure everyone around wondered what was happening!





















Our first time on the new Star Wars ride.  How cool!!!


I wore this button and got more attention than I wanted, haha.




This was another amazing, new-to-us, ride!




My Disney nails:


The castle was so beautiful for the 50th Anniversary:



Ratatouille!  Another new, amazing ride!


France never disappoints:
Aleah has a little obsession with the Eiffel Tower.  I hope she gets to go someday!

Soarin'!

Test Track!  This was my first time!




Trying sodas from around the world:



Mickey pretzels and churros:
Another new, crazy ride!  Guardians of the Galaxy!  Only 4 of us were brave enough, and the boys had to talk to the girls into trying it after they did it.  We were all glad we did!




Back to France for more snacks!

Ice cream sandwiches:
















We had such a great night at The Coral Reef with the best waiter! 














Hannah bought a Kenyan necklace?



German goodies:
It was way too cold for my Animal Kingdom outfit:


Trading pins:
We all did Expedition Everest!  All 4 kids' first time!



















The Lion King show:












Closing down the parks!











































The Dapper Dans: 

Another epic Downing memory was riding Splash Mountain together!  We all fit in 1 boat!





















All the kids did Rock 'n Rollercoaster for the first time!  Lucas was just tall enough.  He was fine in line until he saw the start and the boy in front of us started freaking out.  Then he was screaming, "I DO NOT WANT TO RIDE THIS RIDE!"  But, he was fine after it started going and ended up enjoying it!  










Yay, I finally got to sit with my husband;














Lucas wanted to get in trouble for elbows on the table.  We had a sweet, old waitress, but she had her boss come yell at him!  It's against the rules!














I've always wanted a giant turkey leg!  Finally got one!





















Hannah was stoked to run into a girl from Dance Moms:






Josh hit the grand prize:





Until we meet again, Disney!

No comments: