Lucas' last year of preschool fell right in the middle of a nationwide pandemic. Despite this, they managed to have a somewhat normal year. They did have to wear facemasks and have temperature checks every day. They also had to shut down a few times when there were cases at school. But I honestly don't think Lucas will remember much about it. We will see!
He loves Mario and was actually Mario for Halloween in preschool! He wore his costume all the time:
He loves to play Sorry so much!
Love his blue eyes:
Getting so tall:
He thinks he's one of the big boys. He had no trouble trying to fit in at Jake's b-day party:
Such a goofball:
Watching the Grinch in his Grinch PJs:
All ready for his Christmas program. He thought his belt was pretty cool:
The boys:
He sang SO LOUD. He has one volume:
Homemade Christmas gift from preschool:
Decorating cookies:
Christmas light show:
January 1st, 2021:
He passed his kindergarten eye exam, but barely. The doctor thinks that glasses are in his future but that we should hold off for now:
I made the gingerbread men for his gingerbread party at school:
Valentine's Day:
Snow Day:
Kurly Q:
He got a new Cubs jacket for his b-day:
Ms. Sandy got him light-up Mario crocs!!
St. Patrick's Day:
He always wants extra cookies or "icing on a cracker." I draw silly things for him. He loves it:
I made Easter Chex Mix for his party at school:
Elevate:
Lucas' Birthday at Preschool - I made pirate cupcakes per his request:
He has been a trooper hiking this year, but I won't say that he hasn't whined at least a little:
Ice cream is a good incentive:
His muscles get bigger when he hikes:
We need to feed him more...
We had a weird day in April with random snow, and Lucas asked me to put his "Christmas clothes" on him. He meant snow clothes:
Kindergarten Orientation with his cousin Lydia:
Preschool graduation:
This is how much his dad loves him... Jake (accidentally) threw Luke's new toy on Grandma and Papa's roof, and Josh went up there to get it down because Lucas was so sad about it:
Lucas was a daddy's boy for awhile, but I think mom has taken over as his favorite cuddler:
Funny story... or bad parenting... When Lucas hated getting his hair cut when he was a bit younger, I told him his hair couldn't touch his ears or he'd look like a girl. He hated that idea and wanted it cut. He checks a lot to see if his hair is touching his ears, LOL. Well one day, he noticed it was, so he took matters into his own hands:
Oops... He told me not to tell his dad!
He loved the dunk tank at The Strawberry Festival. He thought it was hilarious!
Decorating cookies with his cousin Owen:
I told him when he was 5, he had to sit by himself at the dentist (I held him when he was 4). He did great!
Kindergarten shots - He was super brave! I think the nurses were more nervous than he was!
Ice cream truck at Jake's game! Papa Steve spoils him!
Practicing cheer... oh boy... haha!
I love this kid so much! He definitely feels his emotions bigger than some, but that also means that he loves harder, too. He is a great kid, and it is fun to watch him grow and change. I would do anything for him! He is so ready for Kindergarten and has been counting down the days since the day he turned 5!




















































































































No comments:
Post a Comment