We weren't able to get away over spring break, so I planned a couple of other mini-trips. The first one was a weekend in St. Louis at the end of April. Per the norm when traveling with Josh, we made the most of every minute. The highlights were the St. Louis Arch, Gus' Pretzels, The Spaghetti Factory, swimming, The City Museum, Eovaldi's, The Galleria Mall, Union Station, Putt Putt, the giant ferris wheel, Fountain on Locust, Ted Drewes, The St. Louis Zoo, and Pappy's. It was a super fun weekend!
Gus' Pretzels!
Checking out the arch:
We showed the kids where we got engaged and had fun being silly taking pictures:
We got engaged next to this pond:
And look at us now with these four kids:
Lucas was so excited about Lucas Avenue:
I thought it would be fun to take the kids to The Spaghetti Factory, which is where we ate the night we got engaged. The atmosphere is really cool, but the food is just not good, haha. We joked all weekend that my chicken marsala tasted like Dinty Moore Beef Stew.
The kids were excited about the hotel breakfast buffet:
Then we hit The City Museum. It was so cool! I was told about a decade ago to wait until my kids were older to take them, and that was right. You could get lost in here:
This spiral staircase went up 8 floors, I think. I did not love it, but the kids did!
Lucas really wanted this Gumby from the gift shop:
A yummy little Italian Deli:
Jake booing the Cardinals store at The Galleria Mall:
We went to check out Union Station:
Jake won a basketball:
The older kids and I played putt putt:
While Josh took the younger two on the GIANT ferris wheel:
Then we went for a late dinner at the Fountain on Locust:
After that, we had to go to the famous Ted Drewes for custard:
The next day we hit The St. Louis Zoo. The kids each got their pictures with the animal they were most excited to see, but Aleah chose two! The animals were definitely entertaining, especially the donkeys, polar bear, and elephants.
We ate outside at Pappy's Barbecue before heading home. It was so good!
What a great weekend!

























































































No comments:
Post a Comment