April 11, 2016

Our New Two Year Old

I loved the "terrible twos" with Hannah and Jacob.  I didn't think they were terrible at all!  I think kids are pretty darn cute at that age.  So I don't think I forgot how adorable two year olds are, but I might have forgotten how exhausting they are!  Making messes, testing boundaries, and being adorable are Aleah's current life missions.  As my mom and dad say, "It's a good thing she's so cute...."

Aleah's first pigtails:
Aleah started calling us, "Uh-mommy" and "Uh-daddy."  I was wondering if this is because we sometimes call her "Leah" and sometimes "Aleah."  Haha!  I wonder if she's confused.  She says, "Hannah" really well; she also sometimes calls her "Dehan."  I don't know why.  She calls Jacob "Cubbie" which is so cute; we've all started doing it! 
Hannah and Aleah are really close
We had the toddler bed in Aleah's room for a few days to see what she thought, but she still wanted her crib.  It's actually probably for the best because she doesn't climb out yet.  The crib sets a good boundary for naptime and bedtime!  Eventually Lucas will need it though.... 
Aleah got every Easter basket at Meijer on her arm while I wasn't looking.  
She was carrying over a dozen of them!
Did I mention that she gets into everything?  She gets into my kitchen cabinets a lot.  One day she wanted pancakes....
She still loves her paci.  Her doctor said we didn't need to worry about taking it away until she's 3, but I hope to ditch it sooner.  For a long time, she called it her "uh-do."  Again, I have no idea why.  Now she says, "Paci, where are you?"  Josh started that.  I started, "Big girl, paci all gone!"  Haha, it's a work in progress!
Playdate with Madelyn and Trinity:
How can you say no to that face?
She's been enjoying ice cream cones!
She had this outfit as a baby and I loved it so much, I had to buy another!
She has managed to get into the nail polish more times than I can count:
Also my mascara...
And my lip gloss.... Think she's a girly girl?
Aleah started praying on her own before her 2nd birthday.  I love to see her just beginning to grow in her faith!  Daddy does a good time with bedtime devotions with the kids when mommy is wiped out.
Oh Aleah, how we love you.  You are so cute.  And exhausting.  I really can't keep up with you and your messes right now.  But you are a great girl, full of personality and curiosity.  And I wouldn't trade you for the world.  

No comments: