April 16, 2016

Aleah's 2nd Birthday

 Aleah seemed to understand her birthday this year and got really excited for it.  She said she wanted a "mouse bert-day," meaning a Minnie Mouse birthday!  Before her birthday, it was so fun to ask her how old she was.  Before you could even finish the sentence, she'd hold up one finger and say "one" so cutely.  Now she says, "I two."  I love it.

Her first party was with the Downing side at our house.  Due to having a newborn and a very busy week, I bought the cake for this party.  She loved it.



 Her present from Papa Steve (with some help from mommy) was a Minnie Mouse car!  How fun!

 The aunts and cousins got Aleah a Minnie Mouse chair and lots of clothes.

Her next party was with the Sudlow side.  Grandma Teresa hosted everyone at her house for a birthday bash!
 The cake was a team effort between me and mom.  
She baked; I decorated (quickly... with a fussy baby and a broken icing tube).  
 A rare treat was having her Great Grandpa and Grandma in town from Florida, so they got to celebrate with us!  My Grandpa and I share a birthday so we have lots of pictures of us blowing out the candles together when I was little.  I thought this was fun!
The present Aleah really wanted this birthday was "puppy pies" (Puppy Surprise).  She saw it on TV and told Grandma Teresa about it, so that's what she and Papa got her.  It's a mama puppy with baby puppies in her tummy.
A very special birthday gift was this Minnie Mouse outfit from her Great Uncle Art and Great Aunt Linda.  We had lunch with Aunt Linda a few weeks before Aleah's birthday, and she asked about what Aleah might like for her birthday.  After talking, Aunt Linda chose and ordered this outfit for her.  I still can't believe that by the time of Aleah's birthday just a couple of weeks later, she was no longer with us.  This will always be a treasured gift.  I plan to keep it forever.  
 On Aleah's actual birthday, we went to Champaign and had lunch with daddy at Za's.  She is definitely at that "exhausting to take to restaurants" age.  Oh boy!
We also went to the mall to ride the carousel.  She was actually terrified at first but loved it in the end and wanted to go again!
 We also checked out the mall playground:
 That night was busy with Jacob's kindergarten orientation, but we did put some candles in a cookie and sang to her:

 Her final celebration was with the Gurtlers.  We had cake and a yummy lunch and lots of fun.



 She got a Minnie Mouse toy, a new swimsuit, and a new oak toybox.  She really liked her mouse.  She kept walking around the house saying, "That my mouse, that my mouse!"



No comments: