May 19, 2013

Mother's Day

I love this picture of the kids and I because it is so "real."  This is a typical scene in our house these days.  The kids and I usually begin and end our day with cuddle time in my recliner.  This is how we wake up in the morning and how we settle down at night.  I love that Jacob has his little thumb stuck up in the air.  He only sucks his thumb when he's tired, and he just pulled it out for this picture.  
This year, I ordered my own Mother's Day gifts.  Josh said he didn't know what to get me, and I knew what I wanted!  I got a cover for my kindle, a new nightgown, new underwear, lotion, and a bundle of ebooks on homemaking.  Josh had the kids color me some cards, and they filled out surveys about me.  They were really funny and something I'll keep forever.  Also, the day before Mother's Day, our family went shopping and I got some new clothes, and we ate at Dos Reales!
Mother's Day was busy, busy, busy!  We were at church from 8-12 (typical Sunday!), and then we went to Champaign for a baby shower for Josh's cousin Susan.  They graciously allowed Hannah to open the gifts for them!  Then we headed back to Catlin for a cookout with my family.  And we ended up celebrating with Josh's mom the following Sunday at her house!  

Mother's Day is always a great reminder of how blessed I am and how much I truly love my job.  There is nothing else in the world that I'd rather do.  I'm so thankful for my babies and that I get to spend every day with them.  I'm still convinced that I'm living the best days of my life.  

No comments: