February 21, 2013

Josh is my Bachelor


At the risk of exposing my shallow side, I'm just going to say it.  I love watching The Bachelor.  I know, I know.  It's ridiculous.  There's so much drama.  And I'm not going to lie.  The drama sucks me in.  But more than that, I love to cheer for love.  I'm always hopeful that the Bachelor/Bachelorette will pick someone worth marrying and that they'll actually have a love that lasts a lifetime.  That rarely happens.  But I'm a hopeless romantic and the ultimate optimist.  So I keep watching and cheering for love.

A question that always comes up is, "What are you looking for in a spouse?"  They always have this "list" of things they're looking for.  I don't believe I ever made such a list.  Josh and I started dating at 15 with NO intention of getting married to each other!  I mean, when he asked me to be his girlfriend, I really wasn't sure if I even wanted to go out with him.  But I also wasn't sure that I didn't want to. So I said "yes, I'll be your girlfriend."  Well 15 years (and exactly half of our lives!) later, here we are.  Happy, married, house, kids, lifelong love, best friends.

But back to that question, "What are you looking for in a spouse?"  Taking Josh out of my thoughts for a moment, if I was looking for a spouse, I would want a man who loves Jesus, who loves me, who wants a family (and loves children!), who appreciates and supports me being a SAHM, who is trustworthy and faithful, and who is willing to work hard to support his family.  And being good looking would be an excellent bonus.  That's quite a list!  Only a very small percentage of men would fit the bill.  Well guess what?  Josh is ALL of those things and MORE!  Guess that's why I didn't look too long!

Josh, I love you forever and always.  I can't believe we've officially spent HALF OF OUR LIVES together. On the other hand, I literally can't remember life before you.  Thanks for being my best friend.  You are my Bachelor.  And I'm glad I didn't have to fight 24 other girls on national television to get you!