Hannah & Jacob on the morning of Jake's birthday
Jacob's 2nd birthday was a weekend whirlwind of fun. We started off his actual birthday by opening one gift from mommy and daddy-some new shirts including a Mickey shirt to wear on his birthday!
Then we dropped Hannah off at preschool and had a mommy-son date at McDonald's. I remembered taking Hannah there on her 2nd birthday and getting her first Happy Meal, so we continued the tradition (although this was not Jacob's first McDonald's meal-that happens with the second child).
Then we raced home and I cooked dinner for Josh's dad's family, who came over to celebrate that night. The cake of the night was Mickey cupcakes that were Pinterest inspired:
Hannah and Jacob both decided to wear their Mickey hats for the party:
Josh's family is so much fun. His aunts are a hoot!
The gift of the night was Rock and Roll Mickey.
He received TWO of them (so we took one back, of course).
On Saturday, our family headed to the Illini football game.
Then we went to Grandma & Grandpa Gurtler's house for dinner, cake, and presents.
Jacob got a really cool Christmas train set that connects with his train table set. He also got lots of cute clothes! He needed lots of 18-24 month stuff because the 2T that I bought ahead is just crazy big on him (he's my little guy!).
Then the next day after church, we had lunch, cake, and presents at my parents' house. We were all exhausted from a long weekend of partying but glad that we got to spend time with most of our family!
I made this Mickey cake with the same pan from last year (which was a baby Mickey). Hint: Instead of black icing, I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa to make dark chocolate icing!
Loving the new train set!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment