I’m so excited to introduce you to our clan and share with you about this crazy journey God has called our family to called adoption. We began dreaming of adopting when we first go married in 2004. We have three biological children Grace, 6 years, Faith, 5 years, and Titus, almost 3 years. After a complicated pregnancy and emergency c-section resulting in the birth of our son we knew it was time to adopt. Our heart for the orphan couldn't wait any longer. We hit some bumps along the way, but in April of 2012 I traveled to West Africa on a mission trip. While there I made connections with a local orphanage. In June we began paperwork to adopt from the orphanage I had visited. We can't wait to bring home our sweet little guy, David. On November 24th David will turn two years old. We are so glad this will be his last birthday without a forever family. Grace and Faith are the best of friends and Titus can't wait to meet his brother and already has a bunk bed to prove it. We are hoping to introduce David to our family in the Spring/Summer of 2013. We are currently completing paperwork and raising funds towards that goal. If you’d like to know more specifics about the timeline of our adoption you can read about it on my blog here.
Back to Stephanie:
I'm asking all of my friends to help out the Humistons (and get some Christmas shopping done in the process!). So here's how you can do that. In honor of David’s birthday and National Adoption Month (both in November), the Humiston family is doing a week long online fundraiser for their adoption. If you purchase any item in the following etsy shops from November 24-30th, 100% of the purchase price (minus fees & shipping) will go straight to their adoption fund! How cool is that??? I know you all want to help, and I know you all love to shop, so this is the perfect fit!!!
To help simply click on the links below and purchase an item between now and November 30th.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shotsibabyhttp://www.etsy.com/shop/Shotsigranny
If you would like a card with David’s picture and “The purchase of this item helped to bring David home to his forever family” to include with your gift simply e-mail Jennifer at jenniferhumiston@hotmail.com and she will be happy to send you one.
Thanks you friends!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment